Masters classes are officially in full swing, and let me tell ya, I already have read enough about educational psychology to last me my entire life! I had the bright idea to take two classes at once, and while I know I can finish, I might be completely burnt out my the day the last projects are due fitting 15 weeks worth of work into just 5 weeks is insane! I definitely have July 18th marked on my calendar!
Since they are online classes you have to do the required number of "discussion board" postings each week, and I am 100% positive some people have to sit at their computers with their thesaurus so they can use as many 15 letter words as possible in each posting. It's hard to turn off the first grade teacher writing and try to write like a college student again, but I'm sure I'll get back in the swing of it before the next class starts in August!
On a lighter note we had a nice weekend, taking a needed break from school work. Since our second anniversary (I know it doesn't seem like two years at all!) was Tuesday and we had homework and baseball games to go to we had a special "date" Friday night. We went to an Italian restaurant in Broad Ripple called Mama Carolla's. It was a really nice place, with a cute garden area where you can eat outside. I would defintiely go back again, we even had a brush with "fame" (well Indiana "fame"). While we were sitting in the garden finishing our dinner these guys that looked like secret service men walked through with someone between them. It was Governor Mitch Daniels! We couldn't believe it My Man Mitch was eating at the same restaurant as us, but the waitress informed us he goes there a lot. The funniest part was that as we were leaving, we walked back through the inside of the restaurant to get to the car. Mitch was sitting in the next room eating with his party and two of his huge body guards were sitting at a very very small table outside the room eating together. It looked like they were on a little bodyguard date. You had to see it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Masters classes... I definitely hear ya! And it does take a while to get back in the swing of writing like a student instead of the stuff you write for work. So once you get finished with your two classes, are you done for a while? Or do you continue to take classes? I know with my program, I started in February and I won't be finished until next July, with only a few break sprinkled throughout. But at least I'll have a masters in only a year and a half!
A bodyguard date.. I can picture it! Two oversized football player look alikes, wearing blacksuits and bowties... seated at a kindergarten height table.. in those little blue chairs.. eating their "adult sized" meals.. hehhe.. crack me up!
Post a Comment