Saturday, July 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Owen Jacob!

Just thought I'd post a quick announcement about our new bundle of joy! Owen Jacob Shively arrived this morning at 4:04 a.m. He was 7 pounds 2.3 ounces, 20 1/2 inches long and his head was 13 inches in circumference. He has a little fluid on his lungs (he had a bit of meconium in his amniotic fluid), so they are monitoring him in the nursery, but other than that he is perfect!

The stripping of my membranes sent my labor into full motion and I started to have contractions Thursday night at 10:30. After working through that pain all night and morning, finally at 3:00 Friday the contractions were close enough together that we could come into the hospital without being sent home. I got an epidural (thank goodness) and the doctor broke my water around 10, and we were finally able to relax a bit and get some sleep. At 2:30 I started pushing and after what seemed like an eternity, Owen made his entrance into the world!

I have to apologize that I can't post any pictures yet. We forgot to bring the camera cord, so I'll have to add some when we go home in a few days. He has dark hair, and a chubby face. Jacob promises he looks like me. We'll have to see what you think when you see him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you! I'm sure he's perfect!

Rajean B. said...

Welcome to the world little Owen!

Congratulations Jacob and Kristen! I'm very excited and happy for you. I can't wait to see the pictures (once you get rested up and settled back at home).